Software Engineer, Data and Platforms
San Francisco, CA
You'll be joining a growing platform engineering team as a key contributor in data and reporting design and implementation.
As an integral part of many new initiatives at GameOn, you'll work closely with other engineers to improve and maintain performance of mission-critical services and design and implement best practices around data pipelines and transformations.
While your core responsibilities will revolve around the development of web-services and data pipelines, GameOn is an open work environment and flat organisation where you'll have ample opportunity to contribute and grow in other areas of the company that interest you.
- Create data pipeline for high-velocity data
- Create solution to enable self-service analytics platform to support the product and other business teams
- Provide high-level perspective and input on all development projects and contribute to the creative process across other disciplines and features
- Collaborate on the customer facing analytics features
- Experience in designing and implementing high velocity data systems
- Experience working with stream processing solutions (eg: spark)
- Experience with repeatable deployment strategies (eg: infrastructure as code)
- Understanding of design and implementation of distributed systems
- 3+ years industry experience in software
- Experience running databases and data pipelines in production
- Experience working in an environment with > 50K RPM request rate
- Experience with ArangoDB
- Experience building chatbots or chat applications
- Sports, Lifestyle, IoT, or Music-industry domain knowledge
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity packages commensurate with experience
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits packages to fit your needs
- Company meals 3x a week
- Regular company-sponsored happy hours and social events
- Awesome new office located 5 minutes from BART in FiDi
- Work hard play hard culture with flexibility around travel and working remotely
GameOn was founded in 2014 with a shared passion for building innovative messaging products that serve the world of broadcast media. Using its proprietary bot platform, GameOn has designed, developed, and launched business solutions for many of the world's largest sport, lifestyle, and media companies becoming an industry leader in user retention, engagement, and monetization in the chat application space. Some of the world's most notable brands are partnering with GameOn to provide customized, rich customer experiences on the world's major chat application platforms. Having recently closed a Series A funding round with a focus on scaling its engineering and business development efforts, GameOn continues to build momentum in an industry with rapidly expanding opportunities.
Enough about us, let's chat if you think you can help. Don't forget to share any experiences with chat bots you've had as a user OR developer when reaching out.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org