Technical Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
You'll be joining a growing Product team focused on managing a dedicated Platform engineering team. As an integral part of many new customer initiatives at GameOn, you'll work closely with the VP of Product, engineering, and sales to help breathe life into high-velocity, high-visibility launches that change the ways users, brands, and content interact in chat. While your core responsibilities will revolve around the product management, GameOn is an open work environment and flat organisation where you'll have ample opportunity to contribute and grow in other areas of the business that interest you.
You’ll help drive the Platform product roadmap that delivers features for our customers which include some of the world's biggest names in sports, lifestyle, and media. Our customers are looking to you and the GameOn platform to create unique, rich customer experiences to engage and delight their ends users. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll manage priorities for the engineering team, gather requirements and write product requirements docs, and work with the engineering team to design and build impactful features. Additionally, you'll have access and visibility at the highest levels of the company and be a key driver of new revenue and growth for the business.
We believe there are a number of ways to succeed in this role so are considering candidates with a variety of backgrounds and years of experience. At a minimum, the following skills are required:
- Impeccable communication skills
- Ability to make user experience / product decisions independently
- 1-3 yrs of experience in product management
- Exposure to Agile methodologies such as scrum and/or kanban
- Engineering background either as a developer or hold a technical degree
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure best practices
- Experience working on customer requests and with sales teams
- Ability to manage feature release schedules and resource planning to plan launches
We would consider the following as a bonus if you had them:
- Early stage startup experience
- Experience building chatbots/voice skills or in AI/NLP products
- Previous experience in customer-facing or client services roles
- Sports, Lifestyle, IoT, or Music-industry domain knowledge
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity packages commensurate with experience
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits packages to fit your needs
- Company meals 3x a week
- Regular company-sponsored happy hours and social events
- Awesome newly renovated office located 5 minutes from BART in FiDi
- Work hard, play hard culture with flexibility around travel and working remotely
GameOn was founded in 2014 with a shared passion for building innovative messaging products that serve the world of broadcast media. Using its proprietary bot platform, GameOn has designed, developed, and launched business solutions for many of the world's largest sport, lifestyle, and media companies becoming an industry leader in user retention, engagement, and monetisation in the chat application space. Some of the world’s most notable brands are partnering with GameOn to provide customised, rich customer experiences on the world’s major chat application platforms. Having recently closed a Series A funding round with a focus on scaling its engineering and business development efforts, GameOn continues to build momentum in an industry with rapidly expanding opportunities.
Enough about us, let's chat if you think you can help. Don't forget to share any experiences with chat bots you've had as a user or developer when reaching out.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org